My Hair, My Vows, The Story of St. Agnes of Rome
I was reading the lives of Saints from my collection of family home library of books and newsletters for my formation of friends of God. "They are the friends of God, " I said to myself in this examination of conscience of my infant baptism.
I love the Friends of God and I heard a story of a girl named Agnes who was delivered from the eye of the enemy who told her she was naked. Yet, her eyes were from the vow she made to Christ, her Beloved.
To the one I love there is one who sees her and this is her Beloved.
Her hair covered her whole body to the point of no return. For the enemy was lost in a lie and the hair reminded him that the naked are naked only because of the lie.
Meryl Viola Bravo
Photo by Meryl Viola Bravo, Holy Card of Saint Agnes
